Thursday, May 14, 2009

Once I was an ammunition box...




I bought some  cleat hooks, castor wheels and twine and... ta dah! 


I am pretty crap when it comes to DIY. 
Always doing things the hard and long way. I always jump right in and never make assessments prior to commencing.
For example in this situation I just started screwing the screws to attach the castors. I got to the last one & realised the screws were too long and protruded through into the box. So unscrewed and re-screwed.. Hmm, sound familiar? Much like my painting debarkle.

I bought the ammo box from a homewares store I used to work at doing visual merchandising when I was at Uni. It was a pretty cool store, it sold lots of random industrial fixtures, furniture bits and bobs amongst, design, travel and cook books, basic kitchen and homeware staples. But then also sold KitchenAid mixers and blenders, Fornasetti & Wedgewood china, and Jasper Conran glassware. There was something for every budget. The Christmas windows were alot of fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment