Sunday, April 19, 2009

New but old lights


I am rather miffed about the lack of attractive and affordable lighting retailers in Melbourne. I have been on the look out for new pendant and wall lights/scones, but the only options we seem to have are Ikea, Beacon Lighting and Freedom. The wall lights options are especially tragic. I have now resorted to ebay and second hand finds.
This weekend I finally had our lounge room pendant hung which was an ebay score for $40 - the old couple said they bought it in the early 80's and had it in stored in their shed ever since.
The before fitting was a shabby chic (more shabby, than chic) candelabra, complete with faux plastic candle wax dripping on light bulb fitting. The wall lights are the same design, so I need to find something that suits the one above quick smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment