Friday, April 3, 2009

My bathroom tiles are kinda cool..


It took a bit of time to appreciate them but they've definitely grown on me...
Of course, the Barbie pink basin, bath tub and shower tiles are still hideous but after reading Door Sixteen's bathroom renovations I'm so inspired.Font size

Abit of Morocco in our bathroom..?

Images from Inside Out Magazine

So there's seriously 3 different wall tile colours; barbie pink, white & dark blue.. As you can imagine this goes beautifully with the 3 shades of grey on the floor.. Geeze, what were they thinking? When we rip them out, I'm definitely using simple white subway tiles. I'm obsessed with them.

We bought our flat 7 years ago, when I was 20 & JD was 22 years old. Golly gosh time has flown!!
There have been some minor cosmetic changes, but overall we've been rather slack. When I think of all the interior phases I been through, I am some what relieved we didn't.

Although I still adore the rustic shabby chic style, I now have the sense that this look would look odd in our 1950's blonde brick flat. I'll save that for our country getaway "and/or" our beachside weekender.... Hmm, a girl can dream.

2 comments:

  1. i am subscribing to your blog based on this post alone. that bathroom is right up my alley and i love your tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shucks, thank you! i love your blog! Feeling abit of pressure now :)

    Design Files blogged about patterned tiles today!
    http://www.thedesignfiles.net/2009/04/inside-out-mayjune-issue.html

    ReplyDelete