Saturday, April 25, 2009

Faded florals


Image scanned from Vogue Living Magazine

Image scanned from Inside Out Magazine

I love small hints of faded floral prints around the house. I have some faded vintage Sanderson cushions on my couch. Yes, I'm style confused and torn.. I love the rustic industrial look but then I like the whimsical faded florals and vintage whites but then I love the retro quirky look and occasionally I like clean modern lines. Hopefully it all comes together and looks ok.

Christy Turlington was my sisters favorite super model back in the early 90's, mine was Helena Christensen. I'd love to see what her New York fashion and homewares store, Butik (Danish word for speciality store) is like. She opened it back in 2005 with friend Lief Sigersen but unfortunately I can't find a website or images online.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I recognize the Helena Christiansan photo from an old magazine and her house was just beautiful in the shot. If you find the url for her shop please post about it, also would love to have a geez at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the website for Butik
    http://butiknyc.com/
    and also see the shop front here:
    http://nymag.com/listings/stores/Butik/

    ReplyDelete