Sunday, June 14, 2009

Loitering about the town..

I decided to head to the Melbourne Design Market at Fed Square today. It was crazy busy! Most of the exhibitors/stall holders I have seen at the Life Instyle Fairs but I made some cool new discoveries. I bought some cute fabric from Ink & Spindle which I think I'll frame or make a cushion with.

From there I went Lost & Found Market on Smith St and drooled over this danish dining table & chairs in the window.

The chair upholstery was a lovely neutral soft wool

Sorry about the crap camera phone photos

Also stopped by Industria on Gertrude St where I contemplated buying some super cute mini chairs for the children I am yet to have. I came close to convincing myself that maybe I can find another use for them in the interim.. Step aerobics?

Next Dimmey's in Richmond, which to much sadness is closing after 150 years. I bought a couple of meters of this plastic faux crochet table runner which I may it use for gift wrapping, or some weird suspended installation thing when Christmas creeps up again.. Or perhaps just use it for its intended purpose..

Plastic fantastic!

For lunch I dragged my hung over friend out of bed to meet me for coffee and light lunch at Bosistos in Bridge Rd, Richmond.


Images via The Design Files

It was a lovely way to spend a lazy Sunday.

1 comment: