Thursday, October 1, 2009

vietnam: hoi an


One of the many distressed buildings in Hoi An, Vietnam.
It was this time last year JD and I packed our bags, crisp passports and made our first overseas trip. It was an amazing experience for us both. I met some family for the first time and imaged a life which could have been..

I loved Hoi An for it's beautiful architecture and enjoyed the slower pace in comparison to the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh, which JD loved. I felt dainty riding bicycles around and watched the dreamy lanterns float down the canal at night.

Sapa and it's people were beautiful. Breathtaking views - literately breathless, whilst trekking up mountains and weaving around rice paddies. JD and I were crowned the king and queen of Sapa momentarily for the day.

At the end of our trip in Ha Noi, to much surprise JD proposed; spontaneous, simple, sweet and heartfelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment