Vietnamese Chicken Prawn Colesaw Salad Cups
One of the biggest compliments we received at our engagement party was that the food was delilcious!!
We could not have achieved without the amazing efforts of our friends and family! And in particular my awesome sister and her fabulous friends, who took care of everything on the night!!
We initially intended to get caterers to relieve the stress, however in the end cost, of course, became the issue. The cheapest piece of finger food was $3 a piece, and well, multiply that by 150 people came to $450 for 1 measley morsel!!
So collectively our AMAZING friends & family all pitched in and made the finger food and desserts.
JD created his own method of folding napkins to sit around the salad paper cups, which held the cute wooden forks. I guess he found his inner Martha Stewart & Donna Hay... A couple of session of napkin folding in front of the TV and presto 200 cups done! He jokingly said he should copyright it... but I think he was half serious.
- Homemade Humus, Spinach, Beetroot Dip & Turkish Bread
- Fresh Oysters
- Prawn & Pork Rice Paper Rolls w Hoisin Sauce
- Tofu Rice Paper Rolls w Hoisin Sauce
- Vietnamese Chicken Prawn Colesaw with Prawn crackers
- Mini Burgers w Beetroot & Orange Relish
- Dill Mayo, Chicken & Cucumber Sandwiches
- Roast Pumpkin, Caramelised Onion, & Fetta Crusty Rolls
- Smoked Trout Dip in Crispy Wontons
- Corn Fritters with Avocado Salsa
- Zuchini Frittata w Capsicum Relish
- Homemade Pasties & Sausage Rolls w Tomato Relish
- Mini Chocolate Tortes
- Ginger Butterfly Cupcakes
- Mini Apple Crumble Slice
- Match Sticks
- Mini Meringues
- Lemon Curd Tartlets
We were able to get our nice champagne, beer & wine ridiculously well priced through our good friends Batels & D and served Pimms which was perfect for a sunny afternoon of lawn bowls.